Today I was stopped in the hallway on my way to class by one of the security guards. She wouldn’t let me go to class and forced me to walk across the school to the main office to have my mom, who by the way was on her way to work, bring me “real pants” because the way I dressed was “sexually provocative.” Because of this I was ten minutes late to class, and after five minutes of actually being in class I was taken back out to be talked to again by the security guard and given my “real pants.”
These shorts are mid-thigh, and I am wearing opaque black tights. Other than my hands and my face, I had no skin showing whatsoever. So tell me, how is this being “sexually provocative?” (reminder: this is a typical american public high school, not a private or religious-oriented school)
The security guard ridiculed me, saying that what I was wearing was inappropriate. I told her that everyday, other girls walk around in skin-tight yoga pants, some even with their thongs clearly showing, and shirts that are see-through. “This is not bad clothing.” I had told her. This security guard plays favorites with the girls on who she does call out and doesn’t call out. On game days, the cheerleaders decide to wear their skirts that barely cover their butts and she doesn’t cal them out at all. She also openly said to my mom “I don’t look at what the boys are wearing, only the girls.”
When my mom came in to bring me the pants, she had a long talk with the security guard. She told my mom that I should know that there is a dress code, and that I should follow it. My mom told her “Maybe there shouldn’t be a dress code if it isn’t monitored consistently. This is double-standards.”
My mom also told her “The only distraction from class that is going on is you are pulling my daughter out of class and keeping her from learning.”
I had to walk up to this security guard to get my long pants, since she was talking to my mom, and my mom said to me sarcastically: “It appears that you are being sexually provocative, darling.”
“Oh yes mama, all the boys are just popping boners everywhere!” I pretended to swoon. We both left, my mom calling back to the security guard: “I didn’t need this today, you know. I need to get to work and I haven’t even showered yet. Good Job.”
The whole ordeal was ridiculous. Girls shouldn’t be ridiculed for wearing shorts. Even so, I was wearing thick tights that you couldn’t see through–much better than just wearing yoga pants. There is no way that what I was wearing could even be considered “sexually provocative.” Plus, anything the boys wear is completely fine in the eyes of the security guard, it’s only what the girls are wearing that are “inappropriate.” Even yoga pants where you can see the thong through it don’t “disrupt class” because nobody cares enough about what a student wears and does not wear, only the security guards.
tl;dr, dress codes are counterproductive and the enforcers cause more disruption for a student’s learning than shorts do.
♬ my sweater tights and mid thigh shorts bring all the boys to the yard ♪
Reminds me of the time this girl in my class who was wearing shorts that went almost to her knees asked to use the restroom, took forever, and came back wearing different pants. She said she got stopped in the hall because her shorts were inappropriate so she changed into her sweatpants for PE. Even our teacher was like “What?” I guess her knees were just really provocative.
What is this, the 19th century?
Mr. Silas, this young lady’s flashing her privates!
I read several dozen stories a year from miserable, lonely guys who insist that women won’t come near them despite the fact that they are just the nicest guys in the world.
..I’m asking what do you offer? Are you smart? Funny? Interesting? Talented? Ambitious? Creative? OK, now what do you do to demonstrate those attributes to the world? Don’t say that you’re a nice guy — that’s the bare minimum.
“Well, I’m not sexist or racist or greedy or shallow or abusive! Not like those other douchebags!”
I’m sorry, I know that this is hard to hear, but if all you can do is list a bunch of faults you don’t have, then back the fuck away..
..Don’t complain about how girls fall for jerks; they fall for those jerks because those jerks have other things they can offer. “But I’m a great listener!” Are you? Because you’re willing to sit quietly in exchange for the chance to be in the proximity of a pretty girl (and spend every second imagining how soft her skin must be)? Well guess what, there’s another guy in her life who also knows how to do that, and he can play the guitar. Saying that you’re a nice guy is like a restaurant whose only selling point is that the food doesn’t make you sick. You’re like a new movie whose title is This Movie Is in English, and its tagline is “The actors are clearly visible”.
algandarsplaguepositive asked: 1, 4, 8, 16, 29
1: Do you try to stay away from walkthroughs?
Generally yes, I only use the walkthroughs when I get stuck. And even then, I usually try to ask someone who’s played the game before for advice before using a walkthrough.
4. Worst game you’ve ever played?
I don’t like Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge. I also wasn’t a fan of Malicious.
8. Best soundtrack?
That would have to be the soundtrack to “Journey” by Austin Wintory. I mean, it was nominated for a Grammy. Other soundtracks I enjoy:
- Frogger: the Great Quest
- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
16. Character you’ve hated most? From what game?
I’m not really one to hate characters…even the characters most people hate, I tend to like (Tingle from Zelda, Tails from Sonic). I guess the one character I’ve never really been a fan of is Daxter (the weasel thing) from Jak & Daxter. I find him annoying.
29. Which is more important, gameplay or story?
algandarsplaguepositive asked: 10, 16, 18
askbox questions: vidya game edition!
- 1: Do you try to stay away from walkthroughs?
- 2: Company you're always loyal to?
- 3: Best game you've ever played?
- 4: Worst game you've ever played?
- 5: A popular series/game you just can't get into no matter how much you try?
- 6: A game that's changed you the most?
- 7: A game you'll never forget?
- 8: Best soundtrack?
- 9: A game you turn your volume off every time you play it?
- 10: A game you've completely given up on?
- 11: Hardest game you've played?
- 12: Shortest time you've beaten a game in?
- 13: A game you were the most excited for when it wasn't released yet?
- 14: A game you think would be cool if it had voice acting?
- 15: Which two games do you think would make an awesome crossover?
- 16: Character you've hated most? From what game?
- 17: What game do you never tell people you play?
- 18: A game you wish your friends knew about?
- 19: Which game do you think deserves a revival?
- 20: What was the first video game you ever played?
- 21: How old were you when you first played a video game?
- 22: If you could immerse yourself in any game for one day, which game would it be? What would you do?
- 23: Biggest disappointment you've had in gaming?
- 24: Casual, Hardcore, or in the middle?
- 25: Be honest; have you ever used cheats (like ActionReplay or Gameshark)?
- 26: Handheld or console?
- 27: Has there ever been a moment that has made you cry?
- 28: Which character's clothes do you wish you owned the most?
- 29: Which is more important, gameplay or story?
- 30: A game that hasn't been localized in your country that you think should be localized?
then everyone in the morning is awake…and then there’s me
An old shirt, bleach and inspiration =)
sweet! i want to make one of these!